Rag Traders

BEAUTY. FASHION. LIFESTYLE

Pages

21.5.15

Look Fantastic: May Beauty Review




Urm guys… IT'S NEARLY JUNE! like what the hell, how is it nearly half way through 2015 already? This is a slightly delayed review as I arrived back from holiday mid-month to find Look Fantastic's May Beauty Box on my desk and I just couldn't wait to open it up and share with you all the new beauty essentials out this month!

In case you haven't already heard about them, the Look Fantastic Beauty Box is an inexpensive way to try new products without committing to a full-sized purchase- great for gals like us who love to discover new brands! What I love most about the Beauty Boxes is that they are a complete surprise each month, you literally have absolutely NO idea what you're going to find inside each time!!



If like us, you love trying new products and switching up your beauty routine regularly then this is perfect for you. It's full of miniature (and a few decent sized) hand-picked beauty fixes with an assortment of skin, hair, cosmetic and body products that cater to every kind of beauty lover. Priced at a modest £15, the May Beauty Box had 6 products for me to try; a hair mask, night serum, tanning lotion, shimmering oil, false eye lashes and a cleansing balm totaling a worth of £45 at a third of the price!!

I have heard of and tried a couple of the brands before but a few were completely new to me.

Skincare is so so important to me. Having suffered from bad breakouts in the past and being prone to dry, flakey, sensitive skin, this is one of the products that I’m most excited to try. The Transphuse serum is best when applied at night to gently plump out those fine lines (YES I HAVE THEM ALREADY GAAAH) and help your skin appear smoother and more youthful, preventing wrinkles from popping up. Can't wait to see the outcome of this one, here's to hoping they sort out the crows feet, frown lines, smile lines.. just ALL the lines please.
As mentioned before, I am a lover of all things skincare and given the chance I absolutely love trialling out new products that have such great reviews. Admittedly, this was the product I was most excited about in Mays box and I couldn't wait to get stuck into this Hungarian Moor Mud thermal cleansing balm.. so that's exactly what I did ha. Upon opening the tub, you’d easily be mistaken in thinking this was infact a mud-mask. However, once you take a small amount and apply it to your face, massaging it in small circular motions it dissolves into a transparent balm that offers strong scents of orange blossom and leaves the skin feeling firmer, more supple looking and completely make-up free (did I mention it smells deeee-licious). The sweet almond oil replenished my skin leaving it feeling soooo soft and silky, I literally cannot wait to continue using this for the next few weeks and would 100% recommend it if you're after a new cleanser gals!

Anyone who knows me will know how unhealthy my eyelash obsession used to be. I’m not just talkin’ your average 101 natural lashes, no no I’m talkin’ 1-4-0 ladies. Yes, that’s right I used to go all out when it came to slapping on the cement for a night out. I’d like to say that those days have passed and in my more classy years (LOL) I now either ditch the lashes altogether or on the very rare occasion opt for something a lot more natural. These pre-glued lashes are perfect for adding a subtle amount of extra length and volume without them looking completely fake and ridiculous, so if that's the look you're after then these are your go-to. I must say whenever contemplating lashes I ALWAYS opt for Eylure, they are the bomb dot com of the lash world in case you didn't already know.


Now to be completely honest with you, I could probably count on one hand the amount of times I've actually ever applied a hair mask. For some reason, they have just never appealed to me. Maybe it was the fact I had long, thick hair and half the time just could not be bothered to make any effort with it, or maybe it was just because I haven't been introduced to one that transforms my hair into something off the L'Oreal advert just yet? Either or, I've recently had my locks cut and gone all Bleach London on the ends, inevitably leaving them a bit worse for wear. The regenerating mask boasts being suitable for all hair types, including very damaged. Whilst I wouldn’t go as far as saying my hair is ‘very damaged’ it’s safe to say it could definitely do with a little pick-me-up so for this, I WILL be giving the regenerating mask a bash. Said to be enriched with prickly pear seed oil, one of the rarest and most expensive oils in the world, with a Vitamin E concentration twice of that found in Argan Oil - I would be MAD not to right?


I've actually used this oil before and had completely forgotten about it until the mini version appeared in my beauty box. The NUXEHuile is a multi-purpose luxury oil that cares to illuminate your face, body AND hair. In my previous usage I loved to dab it onto my collar and cheek bones for an added post-holiday glow, it gave such a subtle enhancement to my skins texture when the oil caught the light and looked amaaaazing in photographs. I’m definitely going to experiment with applying it to my hair this time around as I never did get to see what look this achieved.

Err helloooo it’s nearly summer and you all know what that means in sunny old UK right? Means wack out your best fake tan ladies cause, lets be honest aint no one getting the real deal with this unpredictable weather!! I haven’t come across this brand yet but I am excited to give it a go and see how it compares to my trusty St Tropez!

The #LFBEAUTYBOX can be bought individually for just £15- with no subscription - so you can easily opt out if you find yourself in a ‘too much month at the end of the money’ situation- which admittedly I am often guilty of. Alternatively if you prefer you can sign up for a 3, 6 or 12 month plan & you will get an even bigger discount. After receiving one myself I think they are such a great idea for a gift, especially for the friends that have everything - hardest people to shop for EVER FYI. If you want to try some new products or are off on holiday soon then I highly recommend snapping up their May Box before it goes. Be warned gals they only produce a limited number so these boxes sell out fast!


Anyone else as excited as me to get their hands on Junes already? 
x